Virtual Lobby Week begin March 28, prior to our Capitol Hill Visit on April 12. That's when 160 RT’s including patients will ask for support for The Medicare Telehealth Parity Act (H.R 2948).
Please encourage your colleagues -- including RT, nursing, physician, patients, family and friends -- to send electronic letters to Capitol Hill. It only takes a minute. Please also consider using social media to ask for support.
To send your letter
- Go to the Virtual Lobby Week website: https://c.aarc.org/advocacy/lobby_week/
- Click Email members of Congress.
- Click Respiratory Therapists: Support Medicare Telehealth Parity Act.
- Enter your Zip Code. Your Congressional Representative and Senators will appear.
- Scroll down to the Editable Text Letter. Add your own personal message anywhere within the letter (optional).
- Sign your name.
- Enter your sender information.
- Click Send Message.
Every year, the AARC honors a state society with the Summit Award and this year, Nebraska’s goal is to come out on top.
All of these activities or events are recognized through the AARC Summit Award:
- Education/CRCE activities
- Recruiting and retention activities
- Legislation/advocacy events
- Promoting public awareness
- Collaboration with other health care organizations
- Student activities
Due to the ever-increasing costs of doing business in today's world, the AARC Board of Directors has approved an increase in annual membership dues, effective Oct. 1, 2015.
While no one is happy when the cost of something goes up, the AARC is proud that this will be the first increase in membership dues since 2001. They have worked hard to utilize funds efficiently and effectively to keep the cost of membership affordable, and will continue to do so.
The AARC and NSRC will celebrate Respiratory Care Week Oct. 25-31. The theme this year is Respiratory Care: Changing the World One Breath at a Time. The AARC and NSRC would like to encourage therapists and departments to organize events and festivities in their workplaces and communities to:Read More
The AARC Board of Directors met for its spring meeting recently in Dallas, TX and moved ahead on several initiatives that will directly advance the profession. Among the actions were approval of a toolkit and briefing pa ...