AARC webcast: Children’s ventilator care at home
The AARC is offering a live webcast to discuss the role that respiratory therapists play when transitioning a child requiring invasive ventilation from hospital to home care.
"Successful transition for this complex population is a collaborative process involving an interdisciplinary and coordinated plan of care," the AARC says. "This presentation will discuss the role of the respiratory therapist within a dedicated discharge planning team, criteria for discharge of ventilator-dependent children, preparation and education of their families, and the challenges faced in providing a quality and efficient transition."
The webcast is scheduled for 1 p.m. Central and noon Mountain time on Tuesday, August 4. The course has been approved for 1.00 CRCE Hours. Speaker is Sherry Barnhart, RRT, RRT-NPS, AE-C, FAARC.
The webinar is free for AARC members and $15 for non-members.
Seminar objectives include:
- Discuss interdisciplinary discharge planning and collaborative care of the ventilator-dependent child’s transition to home.
- Understand the preparation and education required of the ventilator–dependent child’s caregivers.
- Identify barriers to discharge from the hospital.
This course is sponsored by an unrestricted education grant from Philips.
Participants can register online on the AARC website.
- Aug 04, 2020 01:00 PM (America/Chicago)
- Aug 04, 2020 02:00 PM (America/Chicago)
- Event Category