Methodist pulmonary symposium 2019
Speakers from CHI, Creighton University and Nebraska Methodist College will be featured at the 2019 Pulmonary Symposium, set for 8 a.m. to noon Friday, March 15. Nurses, nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, medical assistants and other healthcare professionals caring for patients with pulmonary infections and disease are invited.
The symposium will be held on Room 3218 of the Clark Building at Nebraska Methodist College, 720 North 87th Street, Omaha, NE 68114.
Cost is $45 for general registrants. Methodist Health System employees who provide their employee ID number on the registration form may take this course at no cost. NMC alumni receive 75 percent off of the program's value of $150. NMC students can attend at no cost (they do not receive CE).
This program will provide current information and evidence-based guidelines that will enhance clinical and professional practices related to the care of patients with pulmonary disease. Program objectives:
- Describe the biology of cell death after radiation.
- Recognize radiation toxicity of the lung.
- Identify new medications used to treat pulmonary conditions.
- Specify the benefits and consideration of a universal flu vaccination.
- Utilize information gained from case studies.
Continuing education contact hours will be awarded for nursing and respiratory therapists. An application has been made to the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) and is pending. Nursing: 3.75 contact hours awarded.
- Mar 15, 2019 08:00 AM (America/Chicago)
- Mar 15, 2019 12:00 PM (America/Chicago)
- Event Category