The NSRC is assisting the AARC in advocating for Congressional support of the Medicare Telehealth Parity Act. This important legislation expands Medicare telehealth services to include respiratory therapists as telehealth practitioners and includes coverage of respiratory services and remote patient monitoring and training for patients with COPD.
Telehealth services are those that occur via an interactive telecommunications system that permits real-time communication between health care practitioners and patients or other health care providers who are at different locations.
To voice your support, go to the AARC's Captiol Connection page. From the box on the left, select one of the following:
- Respiratory Therapists: Support Medicare Telehealth Parity Act
- RT Students: Support Medicare Telehealth Parity Act
- Patients: Support the Medicare Telehealth Parity Act
- Physicians: Support the Medicare Telehealth Parity Act
- Caregiver/Family: Support the Medicare Telehealth Parity Act
- Supporters/Friends of the RT Profession
Scroll down to see the letters and the representatives in your district you will be writing.
You may edit the letters or not, as you see fit.
Scroll down to enter your contact information, then click SEND. You may also send an email to 6 individuals asking them to consider supporting too. You will receive an email confirmation that your letters were sent.