To have your position considered for addition to this site, please send us an email. Postings will automatically be removed after 90 days unless you request an extension.
Respiratory Therapist – Full-Time Nights (**Triple Shift Differential**)
The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the assessment of respiratory patients with acute and chronic illnesses, to ensure delivery of clinically appropriate respiratory care procedures as prescribed by the medical staff for neonate, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients.
- Performs routine and complex modalities of respiratory therapy independent of direct supervision.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills related to the Respiratory Therapy department.
- Completes low volume/high risk care independently.
- Documents procedures in the patient record according to departmental/organizational standards.
- Develops/reviews/revises patient plans of care as needed to provide optimal outcomes.
- Regularly communicates with other patient care team members to exchange information regarding condition and progress of patient conditions.
- Maintains continuity of hospital services to ensure optimum and timely patient care interventions.
- Provides diagnostic procedures within the LRCP scope of practice, such as ABG's and intubations.
- Works within protocol guidelines and ensures all patients are receiving appropriate therapy.
- Assists with patients’ needs when asked.
- Helps to educate patients and family members on diseases and appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Works with nursing and other departments to educate on respiratory therapy procedures and treatments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills related to Respiratory Therapy Department.
- Satisfactory completion of annual mandatory education requirements required.
- Understanding of laboratory equipment competency requirements.
Education and experience:
- 2 years of ICU experience preferred but not necessary.
- Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Therapy Program and CRT or RRT credentials current with the NBRC.
- RRT will be required within 12 months of hire.
Required licensure or certification:
- BLS, ACLS upon hire. NRP and PALS within 6 months of hire.
Visit our website to submit an application here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=12319&clientkey=E4B62C3E6D60805B33ABC9CE58A0B30D
Be a part of a growing team!
Make excellence in patient care your goal by joining Frontier Home Medical! We are looking for a motivated, knowledgeable person to join our growing Respiratory Therapy team in North Platte and the surrounding area.
You should have:
- AS or BS Degree in Respiratory Care.
- RT job experience is a plus.
- Passion for customer service and patient care.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and patient respect.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage criteria.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Computer and equipment literacy.
- Motivational and outgoing attitude.
Respiratory Therapist duties:
- Assess care based on given prescription and patient information.
- Set up and operate respiratory devices; monitor patient physiological responses.
- Consult with physicians, collect any required documentation and maintain patient charts.
- Inspect and test respiratory therapy equipment; order repairs as needed.
- Demonstrate respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel as well as provide added training support to staff.
- Provide Disease Education.
- Advise customers on sale/rental of equipment and quote prices/payment terms.
Why choose Frontier?
We are a Nebraska-owned home medical equipment supplier with seven locations throughout the state. Frontier offers quality service, quality equipment and great follow-up care to its patients. Our primary focus has shifted and will continue to progress with the health care industry to show our value in outcomes and benefits that we add to our patients lives. For its employees, Frontier fosters an environment that promotes team and personal development. We believe that employee training and ongoing development is of utmost importance.
Are you ready to join the Respiratory Therapy team? Contact us today! Please send your resume to Marsha Engel, Human Resources Manager, at marsha.e@frontierhomemedical.