To have your position considered for addition to this site, please send us an email. Postings will automatically be removed after 90 days unless you request an extension.
Respiratory Therapist/Clinical Specialist
Full-time and part-time, variable days and nights
The RT/Clinical Specialist will be expected to act as a resource person to the other members of the Cardiopulmonary Department and the staff of CRMC. In addition, the RT will be responsible for daily patient assignments and work performed on each assigned shift.
- Perform all assigned therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as ordered by a physician, including but not limited to: basic respiratory therapy and oxygen therapy including daily oxygen rounds, optiflow titrations, pulse oximetry monitoring to determine oxygen titration needs and arranging for home oxygen therapy. Bronchodilator therapy including protocols and patient assessment. Act as a backup for the performance of EKGs.
- Perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures for the pediatric floor. Job duties include but are not limited to daily (morning) pulse oximetry and titration, bronchodilator therapy, RSV protocol, asthma protocols and education, and oxygen therapy. Perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures in the nursery including but not limited to: oxygen hood, nasal CPAP and ventilator management in both invasive and non-invasive modes. Must attend a minimum of three normal child births during orientation.
- Verify physician order for therapy to assure that the order is complete and appropriate.
- Document appropriately and completely in patient’s record and department records according to department and hospital policies.
- Perform arterial blood gas sampling by direct puncture or arterial line. Able to analyze ABG and co-oximetery results and make educated oxygenation and ventilation decisions. Quality control, proficiency testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of blood gas analyzer.
- Assist in cardiopulmonary resuscitation efforts and/or other emergencies that utilize respiratory care procedures for patient care.
- Maintain professional growth by presenting internal and/or external in-service programs, pursuing further certification or registries and reading appropriate magazines and journals.
- Must attend 80% of department meetings.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Must be able to communicate with coworkers, patients, families and physicians.
- Must be able to quickly assess and respond to emergency situations.
- Must be able to assess and evaluate patient condition and response to therapy.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills and be able to quickly assess a problem and resolve it.
- Must be able to explain procedure to patient so that they understand.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) Associate’s degree in Respiratory Therapy.
- Wyoming Respiratory Therapy License.
- AHA BLS.
- Must be willing to rotate shifts.
For more information and instructions on applying, go to https://www.cheyenneregional.org/careers/
Program Director – Respiratory Therapy School
CHI Health is looking for a strong leader who contributes to the mission and vision of CHI Health (Omaha, NE) by facilitating the educational growth of Respiratory Therapy students. The Program Director of the Respiratory Therapy School is responsible for providing direction and management of the Respiratory Therapy program, including maintaining the program of learning in accordance to college standards and accreditation and regulatory agencies, and directing program admissions and advising and functioning as a program instructor.
- Directs, supervises and provides day-to-day management of the program, evaluates program classes, clinical sites; directs the admission and advising process for the program.
- Collaborates with the director to provide leadership for program and curriculum development, recruitment strategies, program assessment, and evaluation of outcomes; communicates with clinical site managers, college administrators and colleagues, and accreditation agencies to maintain standards; updates policies in accordance with those standards; represents the school at meetings, conferences, and/or seminars and participates in professional organizations.
- Ensures compliance with national accreditation standards for Respiratory Therapy programs of education and ensures that state and national accreditation standards are met.
- Participates in the program admission process; advises prospective and current students of program requirements and policies, and academic process; functions as instructor for program, coordinating test preparation, administration, and evaluations.
- Maintains communication with students; conducts student orientation; communicates important program or course information to students as needed; submits enrollment reports and final grades.
- Graduate of an AMA-approved program of Respiratory Therapy plus licensure to practice in the state of Nebraska.
- Minimum of a master’s degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Registration (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Nebraska professional Respiratory Therapy license.
- Minimum of four years’ experience as an RRT or academician of which at least two years must include experience in clinical respiratory care, pulmonary medicine, cardiothoracic surgery, critical care, anesthesiology, healthcare administration, healthcare research, or subject area directly related to the degree conferred.
- Minimum of two years’ teaching experience in clinical respiratory care, research, management, education, or subject area directly related to the degree conferred and associated with an accredited respiratory care program, graduate school or medical school.
If this position is something you would like to be considered for please call Sandra at (402) 717-1859, email Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here!
somniTech: Sleep Tech II
Looking for Registered Respiratory Therapist and/or Registered Polysomnography Technician for the eastern Nebraska area. This position requires travel to rural hospitals to perform outreach sleep studies while being based from your home. The candidate could be based out of Omaha, Lincoln, York or surrounding areas. Great hourly rate and mileage (both ways) are paid, great insurance benefits, 401k, gym membership benefits, and many other perks.
Now offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Successful completion of a sleep technology program, associated with a state licensed and/or a nationally accredited educational facility.
- Successful completion of respiratory therapy school and holds certification or registry.
Please email your resume, cover letter and credentials to email@example.com.
Full job description: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=31454&clientkey=5DF5A55494403B16214341BFBEB64A9A