To have your position considered for addition to this site, please send us an email. Postings will automatically be removed after 90 days unless you request an extension.
Respiratory Therapist: Children's Hospital
Located in Omaha, NE, our 145-bed non-profit hospital operates the only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in the region. It offers 24-hour, in-house services by pediatric critical care specialists, including the region’s only Level 4 NICU. As the only full-service, pediatric health care center in Nebraska, we provide expertise in more than 60 pediatric specialty services to children across a five-state region and beyond. The new Hubbard Center for Children illustrates our dramatic transformation and growth by nearly doubling our capacity.
We’re growing and hiring Respiratory Therapists! Now offering $5,000 sign-on bonus, $5,000 student loan repayments for full-time respiratory therapists. Enjoy competitive pay with our new pay rate plus a generous night differential. New graduates are welcome. If interested you can apply to www.childrensomaha.org or contact Tracy Hoesing, Sr. Recruiter, email@example.com
Full-time and part-time, variable days and nights
The RT/Clinical Specialist will be expected to act as a resource person to the other members of the Cardiopulmonary Department and the staff of Cheyenne Regional Medical Center in Cheyenne, WY. In addition, the RT will be responsible for daily patient assignments and work performed on each assigned shift.
- Perform all assigned therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as ordered by a physician including but not limited to: basic respiratory therapy and oxygen therapy including daily oxygen rounds, optiflow titrations, pulse oximetry monitoring to determine oxygen titration needs and arranging for home oxygen therapy. Bronchodilator therapy including protocols and patient assessment. Act as a backup for the performance of EKGs.
- Perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures for the pediatric floor. Job duties include but are not limited to daily (morning) pulse oximetry and titration, bronchodilator therapy, RSV protocol, asthma protocols and education, and oxygen therapy. Perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures in the nursery including but not limited to: oxygen hood, nasal CPAP and ventilator management in both invasive and non-invasive modes. Must attend a minimum of 3 normal child births during orientation.
- Verify physician order for therapy to assure that the order is complete and appropriate.
- Document appropriately and completely in patient’s record and department records according to department and hospital policies.
- Perform arterial blood gas sampling by direct puncture or arterial line. Able to analyze ABG and co-oximetery results and make educated oxygenation and ventilation decisions. Quality control, proficiency testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of blood gas analyzer.
- Assist in cardiopulmonary resuscitation efforts and/or other emergencies that utilize respiratory care procedures for patient care.
- Maintain professional growth by presenting internal and/or external in-service programs, pursuing further certification or registries and reading appropriate magazines and journals.
- Must attend 80% of department meetings.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Must be able to communicate with coworkers, patients, families and physicians.
- Must be able to quickly assess and respond to emergency situations.
- Must be able to assess and evaluate patient condition and response to therapy.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills and be able to quickly assess a problem and resolve it.
- Must be able to explain procedure to patient so that they understand.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) Associate’s degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Wyoming Respiratory Therapy License
- AHA BLS
- Must be willing to rotate shifts.
Link to apply:
Posted June 3, 2019